Monday 25 November 2013

False convenience.

I've only driven for less than a year now. I'm kind of a late bloomer, I know. And because of this, I'm just so excited to drive all the time! The down side though is that my savings weren't as thriving as it were before. So how much am I really losing?

I found this random link on RAQC (Royal Automobile Club of Australia) that lets me compute how much each trip costs.

First, you can check your fuel consumption per 100 km at this link.
I drive a very cute 1997 Peugot. It consumes 10 litres per 100 km.

Then for example I'll be going to uni, I will travel 20 km to go to and back. I divide it by 100 which makes it equal to 0.2.

Multiplying it by my fuel consumption per 100km which is 10, I get a 2.

Then I multiplied it by the cost per litre which is $1.599, I get $3.198.

So if I go to uni four times a week, that would make it $12.79. It doesn't sound too bad. But just this justify the about of carbon I am emitting?

More on carbon emissions on my next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment